Whether you pay attention to it or not, struggling to manage your home can be one of the things that may cause you to experience higher levels of stress.
Thanks to technology, smart home appliances may be the key to reduce the tasks you do at home. Read to find out more.
By Patrick Bailey
It doesn’t matter whether you are a stay-at-home mum, a busy bachelor, or just a part-time working individual who wants to get things done – finishing home chores can be quite stressful. In fact, the mental and physical effects of an unkempt home can be more dangerous than we thought. According to studies, here are some of the common effects of having a dirty or disorganized house:
- Negative mood: Recent Research has shown that the sight of a messy house may make people feel unhappy. This unhappiness may be consciously about the state of your home, or it may be subconsciously spread with other non-related thoughts such as relationship or career issues.
- Increased levels of stress: Seeing a cluttered home can aggravate symptoms of stress and anxiety. Time management can also be a problem when completing household chores. When people fail to make time for things to get cleaned in their homes, this results in blame-shifting towards other members in the household.
- Declining physical health: Lack of home maintenance can also cause health problems. When trash is not put away, the stench and bacteria may seep through the floors and carpets of your home. This can cause a variety of bacterial diseases that can harm your digestive system and skin. Additionally, the lack of time to clean bathrooms, kitchens and other wet surfaces can cause the buildup of toxic mold.
Now that we have become aware of the possible effects of having a dirty household, there are many solutions that can help in time and task management, as well as cleanup within your home. Thanks to technology, people can now avail of smart home appliances that can help reduce stress levels in completing household tasks.
What are smart home appliances?
Smart home appliances are equipment that can be used at home that applies autonomous control or Internet of Things (IoT) to operate. Basically speaking, these are appliances that we are familiar with but they can be operated with accurate settings that can help fit your lifestyle. These include features such as:
- A smart vacuum that can guide itself by cleaning on all the corner floorings and carpets in your home
- A lighting system that can detect day and night settings based on your GPS location
- A Wi-Fi plug which can be controlled from your phone to switch on or off plugged in devices
- A smart security camera which can monitor your house and alert you of any unusual disturbances.
And many others. The main purpose of having smart home appliances is for:
People who choose to smart home appliances want home equipment that can function without too much control. In other words, these appliances can be set and forgotten, because they can operate autonomously.
Since many smart appliances can operate autonomously, they can save time for the user. Instead of the person attempting to use the equipment over an hour, the smart appliance can do the task itself, leaving the individual more time to do other pertinent tasks.
Some smart appliances are built to provide for specific needs of the user. For example, the popular Alexa, the home assistant built by Amazon, can help users automatically set up a preferred musical playlist to run during a party. These can help improve the user’s experience rather than having them make their own playlist.
Understanding the main purpose of smart appliances helps us to think about the kinds of equipment that may be useful for our home. Whether you plan to save time cleaning, find a virtual security assistant, or just simply a piece of equipment to cook your meals ahead of time, smart appliances can be a life-saver.
How can smart home appliances reduce your stress at home?
Smart appliances can work independently.
Gone are the days where you have to watch over the time when you’re are cooking, or you have to manually use your hands to clean a particular area of your home. Smart cleaning through vacuum robots is not just a trend that would come and go – in fact, they could be the future of cleaning.
Since smart appliances have the capacity to work independently, you are free to do other things or you can leave your home knowing that work is being done. This way, you can come home to a well-kept house, all while you focus on your job, outdoor hobbies, or other responsibilities you need to fulfil.
Smart appliances can help to control usage.
Aside from helping you with household tasks, smart appliances are also capable of helping you control the time you spend on specific parts of your home or on your devices. Do you find Youtube addictive? You can use a smart home assistant to remind you that you’ve spent hours watching on your device. If you are suffering from stress related insomnia, smart lighting systems can help automatically turn off lights in your home when it’s time to sleep. Controlling usage and time spent in your home is a great way to finish other tasks and focus on productive hobbies.
Smart appliances need less maintenance.
Most conventional appliances may need maintenance or constant supervision while operating. They can emit sounds, dirt, or other disturbances in your home that adds to the stress of finishing household tasks.
Smart appliances are built for efficiency and as little maintenance as possible. Most of this equipment is built to be quiet, space-saving, aesthetically pleasing and require very little maintenance. Most smart devices are operated by electricity or batteries, which helps save energy rather than operating manually. After a long day, the last thing you want to do is expend mental and physical energy completing household chores using manual appliances.
Want less stress? Consider smart!
Technology is meant to make our lives easier. If you are seeking ways to make your home more manageable, consider purchasing one or two smart appliances – they may be your ticket away from household stress.
Are you looking for the best smart home appliances? Be sure to head to our website now, to view our full range of smart gadgets.
Author Bio: Patrick Bailey is a professional writer mainly in the fields of mental health, addiction, and living in recovery. He attempts to stay on top of the latest news in the addiction and the mental health world and enjoy writing about these topics to break the stigma associated with them.