Are you having issues connecting your Google Home Mini speaker to Wi-Fi? We have rounded up tips to ensure your devices stay connected.
So, you’ve bought yourself one of Google’s feature-packed Home Mini Smart Speakers and you can’t wait to start using it. But now that you’ve removed the packaging and plugged it in, you’re wondering how to connect the device to Wi-Fi.
If you’re uncertain how to do this, we have put together a short guide outlining the necessary steps you need to take. Whether you need help connecting your Google Home Mini to Wi-Fi for the first time, or support with changing the Wi-Fi network connected to your device, our guide should get you up and running in no time.
Connecting your Google Home Mini to Wi-Fi:
Are you needing to connect your Google Home Mini to a Wi-Fi network? Before you begin, make sure you have already downloaded the Google Home app – this can be done via the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android devices.
1. Open the Google Home App on your Android or iOS device.
2. Select or enter the Google account that you want to connect your Google Home device to. Enable Bluetooth if encouraged via the App.
3. The Google Home App should have now recognised your new Google Home Device. Select > Next.
4. The speaker will now play a sound. When you hear this sound, tap > Yes.
5. Select the room or location where your Google device is located.
6. You can now enter a unique name for your Google Speaker.
7. Choose the Wi-Fi network that you would like to connect your Google Home to from the list displayed. Click > Next.
8. Enter the Wi-Fi network password and select > Connect. You should now be connected to your Google Home device.
Changing the Wi-Fi network on your Google Home Mini device:
Are you wanting to change the Wi-Fi network on your Google device? Or perhaps you are wanting to re-join an existing network with an updated password? To do either of those things, follow the steps below.
1. To begin, make sure that your mobile or tablet is connected to the same Wi-Fi as your Google Home Mini.
2. Open the Google Home App on your mobile or tablet device.
3. Tap on your Google device that you want to connect to Wi-Fi, from the list that should now be showing.
4. From here, Tap Settings > Wi-Fi > Forget Network.
5. After you have confirmed to ‘Forget Network’, you will be re-directed to the Google Home App Home screen.
6. Now, you can set up your device on a new Wi-Fi network by following the below ‘set up’ steps:
Set up your Google device:
7. Select Add Set up device Set up new devices in your home
8. After the app has scanned for nearby Google Home devices, it will prompt you to navigate to your mobile or tablets Wi-Fi settings and connect to the Google Home hotspot. This hotspot should appear within the Wi-Fi network list.
9. Return to the app. The speaker will now play a sound. When you hear this sound, tap > Yes.
10. Select the room or location where your Google device is located.
12. Select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to your device. Enter the Wi-Fi network password and select Connect. You should now be connected to our Google Home device.
- Make sure it’s connected properly: Your Google Home Mini won’t work unless you have manually connected it to Wi-Fi using the Google Home app. If you haven’t installed the app already, you can download it via the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Android devices.
- Move your router or Google Home device: Your router acts as the middleman between your Google Home device and the internet, so it’s important to make sure it’s in a position close enough to allow a strong connection. Move your Google Home device closer to your router to see if the connection improves.
- Restart the router and Google Home device: Restarting both the Router and Google Home device may get rid of any issue you are encountering. You can restart your Google Home device within the Google Home App. Tap the device you want to restart > Select Settings > Select Three Dot Menu > Tap Reboot.
- Make sure you’re Wi-Fi password is correct: This tip may seem simple, but it’s a common issue when connecting your Google device to Wi-Fi. To make sure the password you are using is correct, try connecting a different device to Wi-Fi with the same password.
- Try resetting your Google Home Mini to factory settings: A factory reset will reset your Google device to its default factory settings. To factory reset your Google Home Mini: Press and hold the factory reset button which can be found below the power cord on the bottom of the Mini. Hold this for about 15 seconds. You should be able to then hear your Google Assistant confirm that it’s resetting. It’s important to remember that you can’t use your voice or the Home app to factory reset your device, this has to be done manually.
- Move it away from or turn off other network devices: Moving your Google Home speaker away from other devices that could cause a possible interference may resolve the issue. If you have numerous devices connecting to the same network you may notice potential connection delays. You could even try turning off other network devices that are using the same internet to see if this is the issue.
Need more help?
For any questions, queries or guidance on using your Google Home devices bought from MyMemory, please get in touch with our support team who will be happy to assist you: firstname.lastname@example.org.