WD Red is the only hard drive designed for NAS systems that have 1-5 drive bays. WD Red is designed specifically for home and small ...
... office NAS systems. The drives are extensively tested for compatibility and reliability in the demanding operating environment of a 24x7 NAS system. WD's exclusive NASware firmware technology enables seamless integration and balanced performance.
Innovative technology reduces power consumption and lowers the operating temperature, and with a 35% improvement in MTBF over desktop drives, WD Red is a more reliable and robust NAS hard drive solution.As hard drive capacities increase, the power required to run those drives increases as well.
WD Green drives make it possible for energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system performance, ensured reliability, and energy conservation.
- Reduced power consumption - WD has reduced power consumption making it possible for our energy-conscious customers to build systems with higher capacities and the right balance of system perf
- Cool and quiet - Drives with WD GreenPower Technology yield lower operating temperatures for increased reliability and low acoustics for ultra-quiet PCs and external drives
- Perfect for external drives - External drive manufacturers can eliminate the need for a fan in a high-capacity product by utilizing the cool and quiet operation of WD Caviar Green hard drives
- IntelliPower - A fine-tuned balance of spin speed, transfer rate and caching algorithms designed to deliver both significant power savings and solid performance. Additionally, WD Caviar Green
- IntelliSeek - Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration
- Advanced Format (AF) - Technology being adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers as one of multiple ways to continue growing hard drive capacities. AF is a more efficient media format that
- NAS compatibility
- Enhanced reliability
- The secret is in the technology NASware
- Energy efficient
- 3D Active Balance Plus
- Premium support
- Longer warranty coverage
- Disk Size: 3.5 Inches
- Drive Interface: SATA 6Gb/s
- Disk Capacity: 6000GB
- Enclosure type: Internal