From the ashes of old conflicts, a new terror arises. The Umbrella
Corporation and its crop of lethal viruses have been destroyed and
contained. But a new, more dangerous threat has emerged. Years after
surviving the events in Raccoon City, Chris Redfield has been fighting
the scourge of bio-organic weapons all over the world.
Now a member of the Bio-terrorism Security Assessment Alliance (BSAA),
Chris is sent to Africa to investigate a biological agent that is
transforming the populace into aggressive and disturbing creatures.
Joined by another local BSAA agent, Sheva Alomar, the two must work
together to solve the truth behind the disturbing turn of events.
Introducing a revolutionary new co-op mode of gameplay to the series,
Resident Evil 5 lets players experience fear together as terror moves
out of the shadows and into the light of day.
- All Previously Released DLC: Includes costumes, game modes, figurines
and bonus story scenarios Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape.
- Score High in Mercenaries: In The Mercenaries United, take on waves of
iconic enemies and bosses in limited time to achieve a high score. This
mode features 8 playable characters like Albert Wesker and Jill Valentine,
each with different costumes and loadouts to choose from. For an added
challenge, opt for No Mercy mode to face even greater numbers in
- Two Playable Characters: Chris Redfield, protagonist of the original
Resident Evil and Resident Evil Code: Veronica, returns and is joined by
new playable character Sheva Alomar, an African BSAA agent tasked with
investigating the epidemic.
- Two Player Local/Online Co-op: Cooperatively-focused gameplay
revolutionizes the way that Resident Evil is played. Chris and Sheva must
work together to survive various challenges and fight dangerous hordes of
- Quick-Select Inventory System: Improved inventory system allows items
to be traded between characters. To add to the intensity, all inventory
management is done in real time; items can even be assigned to the
directional pad for instant access.
- Challenging Enemies Pose New Threats: Enemies boast increased speed
and intelligence from previous games in the series, making them as
dangerous alone as they are in groups.
- Powerful Arsenal of Weapons: The number of weapon variations has been
greatly increased since prior series entries, providing new ways to keep
enemies at bay.