Christmas is a time for giving, receiving, eating, drinking and spending time with your family and friends.
Having your nearest and dearest around you over the Christmas period is a great excuse for getting your camera out and taking that marvellous family portrait that will be laughed at and ridiculed for generations to come.
To help we have put together a list of our top tips for getting the best out of your subjects over this Christmas period, ensuring your family portraits will be proudly displayed.
1. Make sure your subjects are happy to be photographed!
2. If there are any minor blemishes a little makeup could help cover them up.
3. Having a family dispute? Then ask everyone to put it to one side for the sake of the picture.
4. Unable to find anything to wear? Simple, get everyone wearing the same outfit. You may even get a group discount!
5. Introducing props into the picture can add an extra dimension to the image that will help make the photograph hop out.
6. Choosing the right colour clothing will help reflect your subjects personality.
7. Happiness can be infectious.
8. Pets are part of the family too so don’t forget to include them.
9. Tell your family that the photograph will only take a couple of minutes.
10. Asking your family to close their eyes and make a wish is a good way of bringing a smile to their face.
11. Persuade your family to go all out and wear a festive Christmas costume. They won’t regret it!
If you are looking for a Memory Card to help capture your precious moment you can find them here at MyMemory.