If you are looking for top-tier 2.5″ SSD performance, then it would be difficult to find anything better than what Kingston has to offer. Kingston Digital, the flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology – a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, has recently announced it is shipping the new KC600 and latest A400 SATA SSDs.
Designed for use in desktops and notebooks, both SSD drives offer incredible speed, dramatically improving the responsiveness of your existing system. Carry on reading to find out what each SSD drive specifically has to offer.
Kingston’s KC600 is a full-capacity SSD offering remarkable performance. Providing functional system responsiveness with incredible boot, loading and transfer times, the Kingston KC600 employs the latest 3D TLC NAND technology whilst supporting AES 256-bit hardware encryption, TCG Opal and eDrive.
It comes in a 2.5” form factor using SATA Rev 3.0 interface with backwards compatibility. In terms of speed, Kingston boasts up to 550MB/s and 520MB/s for sequential read and writes, respectively. The KC600 is currently available in capacities of 256GB, 512GB, and 1TB, with 2TB shipping soon. Overall, this drive provides everything you need for a smooth and easy desktop and notebook upgrade. Not only does this SSD offer super-fast speeds, but it also has great build quality.
- Form factor: 2.5”
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards capability to SATA Rev 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 256GB, 512GB, 1024GB, 2048GB
- Controller: SM2259
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Encrypted: XTS-AES 256-bit encryption
- Sequential read/write: 256GB — up to 550/500MB/s. 512GB–2048GB — up to 550/520MB/s
- Maximum 4K read/write: up to 90,000/80,000 IOPS
With incredible speeds and rock-solid reliability, the Kingston A400 solid-state drive will drastically enhance the responsiveness of your existing system. Powered by a latest-gen controller for read and write speeds of up to 500MB/s and 450MB/s1, this SSD is 10x faster than a traditional hard drive for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system. The A400’s super-fast transfer speeds not only increase performance but can also be used to breathe new life into older systems. Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, this SSD is built with Flash memory. With no moving parts, it makes this drive less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. Shock and vibration resistant for rugged reliability, the A400 has a 7mm form factor to fit in a wider array of systems, also making it ideal for slimmer devices with limited available space.
The A400 is available in multiple capacities from 120GB to 1.92TB2 to give you all the space you need for applications, videos, photos and other documents.
- Form factor: 2.5” & M.2 2280
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities: 120GB, 240GB, 480GB, 960GB, 1.92TB
- NAND: TLC
- Baseline performance: Data transfer (ATTO) 120GB — up to 500MB/s read and 320MB/s write. 240GB — up to 500MB/s read and 350MB/s write. 480GB — up to 500MB/s read and 450MB/s write. 960GB — up to 500MB/s read and 450MB/s write. 1.92TB — up to 500MB/s read and 450MB/s write
Whether you are looking for an entry-level solid-state drive or an SSD which utilises the latest 3D TCL NAND technology, Kingston’s offering enables users to boost their old computer to perform like new.
With incredible speeds that are combined with multiple storage capacities, Kingston’s SSDs provide considerably better performance than most HDDs on the market and are extremely reliable, making them ideal for use in devices such as desktops and notebooks.