There’s a special feeling that’s reserved for Fridays before a Bank Holiday Weekend. I can’t quite describe it, but I can most definitely feel it.
As we prepare ourselves for a 3 day weekender, I’m sure that more often than not, our mind wanders into the obscurity that is our thoughts, meaning that work doesn’t really get done in the lead up to those final few hours between you and the extended break. But that’s OK, you can just pretend to do work by reading our Friday Roundup instead, because technically, if you’re reading about new and exciting stuff that’s happened in the world this past week, then that counts as working… right?
From a working artificial womb to the first ever 4K live stream from space, this week has been nothing short of exciting. Here are our favourite news articles we’ve stumbled upon.
- This is why your shoelaces come untied when you run
- Another iPhone 8 leak hints at wireless charging
- Apple could be launching a peer-to-peer payment service for Apple Pay
- The first ever 4K video live stream from space left us wanting more
- Chinese and European space agencies in talks to build a moon base
- A new stamp celebrates upcoming solar eclipse
- The Galaxy S8’s home button moves – with good reason too
- Scientists have figures our how to make bricks out of compressed Mars-like soil
- Amazon’s new Echo Look camera will judge your outfits
- Google Home now has axes to more than 5 million recipes
- Robots are getting easier to control
- Plastic-eating caterpillars could help get rid of the World’s waste
- An artificial womb successfully grew baby sheep – and humans could be next
- Siri can now read your WhatsApp messages out loud on iOS
- Spotify is working on its own music hardware
- Time travel is mathematically possible… Just don’t expect it anytime soon
- Markings found on 130,000-year-old bones could rewrite human history
- The best images from Cassini’s groundbreaking mission
- Scientists want to revisit Pluto
That’s it from us this week. Enjoy your Bank Holiday weekend!