Apologies for the lack of news roundup last Friday, but it was a Bank Holiday and… well… You know how it is.
This week has taught us so much. From a new squeezable phone, to Credit Cards with a built-in fingerprint scanner and even air-free bike tires… It’s quite evident that we’re heading into the future at a rapid pace. Check out the rest of our favourite news stories in this week’s Friday Roundup.
- Frog slime contains a molecule that could help us fight the flu
- Apple will stop relying on mining for minerals… One day
- Antarctica’s massive lakes, rivers and streams could help us understand rising sea levels
- The Galaxy S8 Plus is an ergonomic marvel
- MasterCard’s new credit card has a built-in fingerprint scanner
- A rare two-person crew will blast off to the International Space Station this week
- Facebook Messenger is getting an Apple Music extension
- Sony’s PS4 Slim now comes with a 1TB hard drive for the same price
- HTC’s next phone will be squeezable
- Google said to be planning a built-in ad blocker for Chrome
- The next iPhone could feature a Touch ID sensor on the rear
- Instagram on Android gets offline mode
- Google Maps for iOS now lets you retrace your steps with Timeline
- Intel’s next-gen SSD technology is ready and it’s really, really fast
- An all-electric ‘flying car’ takes it’s first flight in Germany
- These air-free bike tires aim to free us from the pain of fixing a flat
- Apple and Nike are collaboration on a limited edition Apply Watch Series 2
- Google Home now recognises specific voices
- Apple wants to make the future iPhone from purely recycled materials
- TIME released its 2017 list of most influential people
That’s it for this week. Have a great weekend!