Memory firm doubles capacity23 September 2011 11:08:11
SanDisk has outlined its range of new mobile memory options and the maximum capacity of the cards has doubled.
Photographers using the latest high-tech cameras will be eager for the 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-I Card. The doubled memory storage is not the only improvement the developer has made. The latest ultra high speed (UHS) bus architecture was developed to produce a memory card which is capable of getting the most out of UHS-enabled cameras.
SanDisk states these technological advances give the "fastest write performance of any SD card in the world to date".
With current Ofcom figures estimating 91 per cent of UK adults own a mobile phone, microSD cards are becoming increasing important. SanDisk also announced the 64GB Mobile Ultra microSDXC Card which fits in to most phone memory card slots.
"Our flash storage solutions help consumers capture more photos, load their mobile apps faster, share exciting moments with friends and preserve their memories for generations to come," said Bob O’Keefe, vice president of retail marketing at SanDisk.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43