Latest Worms game gives over 1 million combinations20 September 2011 14:03:40
Gamers who like to be able to customise the way they play may be interested to hear the latest news from Team 17.
The developer of the Worms series of games uploaded an official trailer to YouTube showing that the latest incarnation, Worms Ultimate Mayhem, will be more customisable than before. Gamers will have the option to choose some of the 100-plus items such as an array of hats, sunglasses and soundtracks to personalise their worms.
A new feature dubbed the 'Wormpot' allows extra adjustments to be made to the characters, resulting in over one million separate combinations.
It seems there is very little that is not customisable in this latest version, as players even have the option to create a unique weapon of mass destruction in the game's 'Weapon Factory'. The launching dynamics, what mechanics the weapon will have during game play and even its graphical representation can all be tailored to the player's tastes.
The Worms series was originally released for the Amiga in 1995 and has since been adapted for PC, console and smartphone players.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19