Apple iPhone 5 could excite technology fans13 September 2011 15:37:22
Technology lovers might find there are exciting times ahead as the release of the Apple iPhone 5 is likely to have an ongoing impact on the smartphone market.
That is according to editor at Electricpig.co.uk James Holland, who suggested that if the software company's previous releases are anything to go by then for at least the next year other firms will be influenced by it.
Commenting on what other manufacturers have lined up, he said: "The first Nokia devices to run Microsoft's software have been promised soon and could be the stiffest competition to the iPhone and Android yet."
Mr Holland added that Windows Phone 7 could soon prove as "mainstream" an operating system as the two current market leaders.
Editor of CNET UK Jason Jenkins recently suggested that the iPhone is "likely" to have an eight-megapixel camera, which might make it an attractive choice for those who like taking snaps on the move.
- Apple iPhone 'popularity increasing' - 7 September 2011 15:48:46
- Apple iPhone 5 'not guaranteed to see off Android challenge' - 7 September 2011 15:25:17
- iPhone 5 may feature voice-navigation - 25 July 2011 15:29:37
- Can Nokia compete with Android and iPhone? - 21 July 2011 15:32:10
- New iPhone 'will be most sought after device' - 19 July 2011 15:33:54