Wii Remote Plus leaked27 September 2010 15:29:06
A new controller for the Nintendo Wii could be on the way after details were accidentally leaked online.
Retail images for upcoming Wii game FlingSmash were recently found on a US website.
They clearly show that the game is bundled with a new Wii remote called the Wii Remote Plus.
The new remote appears to be a standard Wii controller but with Nintendo's MotionPlus expansion device built in.
Following the news, a Nintendo spokesperson confirmed to Eurogamer.net that Wii Remote Plus "is real" but added, "we have nothing to announce on this at the moment".
Wii MotionPlus was released in June last year and allows the remote to pick up additional hand gestures such as rotational movement.
Nintendo has recently faced new competition in the motion control gaming market thanks to the recent launch of Sony's PS Move device for the PS3.
Microsoft will also shortly be bringing out a new motion-based gaming interface for the Xbox 360- the Kinect.
- EA hints at Wii 2 development - 17 March 2011 15:35:44
- Pokemon and 3DS responsible for lack of Wii titles, says Nintendo - 9 March 2011 15:28:59
- Next generation Wii to be unveiled at E3? - 8 March 2011 15:20:37
- Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time coming to 3DS - 4 March 2011 15:32:02
- Gears of War 3 2011's most anticipated game - 16 February 2011 15:31:23