Zumba Fitness breaks records27 October 2011 11:02:40
The developer of Wii and Xbox Kinect title Zumba Fitness has announced the game has achieved record-breaking levels of success.
According to 505 Games, the Wii version of the game spent an unprecedented 28 weeks in the top position in the Wii games charts.
"The game's extended and continued success demonstrates how the combination of a knock-out product and a laser-targeted marketing strategy can deliver on - and exceed - expectations," said Tim Woodley, 505 Games' head of global brand.
As part of the company's marketing strategy, a TV commercial for the game has been reworked and will be showcased in advertising slots around The X Factor TV programme.
Zumba Fitness is based on the dance-fitness programme that is popular with 12 million people around the world.
505 Games has recently collaborated with Paramount Digital Entertainment to produce Grease: The Game, another Wii title.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19