UK game festival imminent25 October 2011 17:09:49
The complete line-up for the GameCity6 celebration has been announced.
Organisers call the occasion "the world's best loved videogame festival" and the event takes place at various venues across Nottingham between October 26th and 29th.
Wednesday's action begins with The Gamesblog Breakfast Club at Broadway, while fans can play popular games FIFA 12 and Battlefield 3 in the EA sampling hub at the festival's main location in Old Market Square.
Thursday's highlights include the world premier of Botanicula at the Council House Ballroom and wallFour's 100-player game Renga presented on a huge cinema screen in the square.
"It's a great honour to present our new work at an event which celebrates the whole medium of video games and its wider impact on culture," said Adam Russell, the cofounder of wallFour.
October 28th has been dubbed Fear Friday as gamers will get to enjoy a host of Zombie-based fun and the celebration closes with Zelda Takeover Day on Saturday.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19