Portal 2 'is the game of the year'24 October 2011 12:30:33
Portal 2 has scooped the prestigious Game of the Year prize at the GamesMaster Golden Joystick Awards.
Electronic Arts' puzzle-platform title had received widespread acclaim since its release, with Wired Magazine stating Portal 2 was "one of the most influential games of the decade".
Many other industry prizes were also handed out at the 29th GamesMaster ceremony, which this year was held at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge in London.
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood won the award for best Action/Adventure game, Call of Duty: Black Ops took the Best Shooter title, while FIFA 12 finished top in the Sports Game category.
James Kick, associate publisher of the awards, stated: "The GamesMaster Golden Joystick Awards is officially the biggest, and certainly the best, celebration of video games in the world."
The winners were chosen by the public and more than 2.06 million votes were made. All games released in the previous 12 months were eligible.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19