Mario and Sonic star in new Olympic trailer31 October 2011 11:12:37
Gamers excited about the upcoming 2012 London Olympic Games may be interested in a new video game trailer.
The clip - from the forthcoming Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games release - showcases a host of sporting events.
Players will get to participate in over 50 Olympic-themed sports and the Nintendo Wii's intuitive control system means they will need to train like an athlete if they wish to become the best.
The title will also see the collaboration of two of the industry's most iconic characters. More than 19 million people across the globe have purchased games that feature either Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog.
"It is truly exciting to be in the position to develop interactive entertainment software titles based on the Olympic Games,and for Sonic and Mario to once again be a part of this historic event," said Naoya Tsurumi, chairman of SEGA of America and SEGA Europe.
The 2012 Olympic Games will begin on July 27th.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19