Jaws to hit Nintendo31 October 2011 10:56:29
Majesco Entertainment Company has released new screenshots and an action trailer of its upcoming Nintendo Wii and 3DS title JAWS: Ultimate Predator.
The media releases show the iconic shark lurking in the depths of the ocean sizing up passing boats.
Players will take control of the animal that was indelibly etched on the mind of many a swimmer by Steven Spielberg's infamous 1975 film.
"Never before released for Nintendo platforms, JAWS: Ultimate Predator lets a new generation experience that same visceral underwater thrill," said Jesse Sutton, chief executive of Majesco Entertainment Company.
Wii players will need to use the shark's rage to chase off humans and overcome suitably ferocious bosses such as the Tiger Shark, Sea Serpent and Killer Whale.
Majesco Entertainment Company is responsible for many successful Wii games that have been based on cinematic releases, such as Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked and Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian The Video Game.
- 3DS to see 1950s mower action - 7 November 2011 13:37:51
- Nintendo announces Wii and DS release schedule - 11 February 2011 15:31:04
- Nintendo 3DS UK release date announced - 21 January 2011 15:31:03
- New Lego title announced for Nintendo DS - 12 January 2011 17:21:37
- Nintendo DS and Wii break US sales records - 6 January 2011 15:25:38