Gamers get a classic fight17 October 2011 14:00:51
Capcom has released new screenshots of next year's heavyweight beat 'em up combination.
The images show characters from both the Street Fighter and Tekken series of games going head to head.
PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 owners will be able to get hold of the new offering, which the developer has named Street Fighter X Tekken.
"This is history we're making. Two fighting games that have rivalled each other are finally standing on the same stage," said Yoshinori Ono, producer of Street Fighter X Tekken.
The game will be similar to the recent Street Fighter 4 in that it will utilise 2D characters in 3D environments.
Much-loved characters from both series will be selectable in the fighting game, meaning Street Fighter fans can pick Chun Li or Ryu to go up against Namco Bandai stalwarts such as Nina Williams or Kazuya Mishima.
Capcom has also announced inFAMOUS's Cole MacGrath will be featuring in the PlayStation 3 version of the game.
- FIFA 12 finishes year in top place - 3 January 2012 16:52:53
- Nintendo announces downloadable titles - 3 January 2012 14:17:24
- Fifa returns to the top - 28 December 2011 13:04:01
- iOS apps now available to SD card users - 23 December 2011 14:39:20
- New Gears of War content announced - 22 December 2011 09:45:02