EA's Battlefield 3 takes top spot31 October 2011 14:46:46
Electronic Art's first-person shooter Battlefield 3 was the biggest-selling game in the UK last week.
The launch week figures for the title show that it was the tenth biggest debut in history in terms of the number of copies sold and ninth-highest grossing first week ever.
Part of the publicity for the launch saw a number of heavily armoured tanks invade London to take people to work.
"We wanted to launch Battlefield 3 in style and are looking forward to ferrying excited game fans and commuters around the city today," said Electronic Art's Tom Goldberger.
The game aims to replicate the violent intensity of current military engagements across the world and sees the gamer take command of a US Marine.
Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC owners can take part in the action.
Battlefield 3 replaces Warner Bros Interactive's Batman: Arkham City at the top of the UK Interactive Entertainment charts.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19