Mind Candy hails the success of Moshi Monsters18 November 2011 16:35:03
Nintendo DS gamers looking for a Christmas treat could choose to buy one of the year's most successful games.
Mind Candy has announced that its Moshi Monsters' title Moshling Zoo is now the top-selling DS game in the country.
The first-ever console release from the franchise has outsold Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Disney's Cars on the device to enter the all-format UK Interactive Entertainment charts at number seven.
"We're thrilled to have become the best-selling DS title in the UK. To outsell triple-A titles is amazing," said Andrew Matjaszek, senior brand marketing manager for the series.
He added that he was pleased with how Moshi Monsters fans have taken to the game.
Nintendo will soon start producing its own SD cards for the DS and 3DS, according to Kotaku.
Currently the portable consoles are shipped with Toshiba-branded 2GB memory cards but plans are underway to release 8GB and 16GB SDHC cards in Japan next year.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19