Game of Thrones announced for early 201210 November 2011 14:52:27
Gamers will soon be able to join the battle for supremacy in the fantasy world of Westeros.
Index Digital Media and Cyanide Studios have announced that Game of Thrones, an action-based role-playing game based on HBO's television series of the same name, will be available for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC gaming platforms.
The game will feature more than 30 hours worth of playing time and individuals must forge on their own path through the war-torn seven kingdoms.
Shinichi Suzuki, president of Index Digital Media, said: "The Game of Thrones television series and the … book series it is based on represent some of the most captivating, original medieval fantasy and drama ever created."
Game of Thrones will be available in the early part of next year, but fans who cannot wait that long could choose to purchase the Emmy award-wining HBO series, which features Sean Bean as Ned Stark, on Blu-ray or DVD.
- SD files 'can be transferred straight to CD' - 16 December 2011 10:41:23
- Wii Glee songs announced - 17 November 2011 14:30:50
- PS3 Network 'attacked again' - 14 October 2011 11:25:10
- PS3 will 'support huge resolutions' - 6 October 2011 16:24:55
- Warner reveals Harry Potter Ultimate Edition release schedule - 22 February 2011 15:32:03