Fish for fun on Kinect16 November 2011 15:46:24
Xbox Kinect gamers can now improve their angling skills from the comfort of their living room.
Activision has announced that Rapala, an arcade-style fishing title, is now available for the motion-capture platform.
The game makes the most of the Kinect's unique control system to allow gamers to mimic the movements they would use on the water, whether it be casting the line, reeling the catch in or pulling the fish from the hook.
Activision states the game has an emphasis on fun and has ensured players have a 45-second "cast-to-catch time". Gamers can even choose to take to the open water in boat race mini-games that provide power-ups for the next instalment of fishing.
"Pro-anglers and family gamers will go crazy for the immersive fishing experience presented in a familiar arcade style format," said David Oxford, the publisher's executive vice-president.
Rapala utilises all of the Kinect's technology to allow gamers to take photos of themselves and share their catches on Facebook.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19