DC Universe swells by one million11 November 2011 15:09:00
DC Universe Online has experienced a huge influx of players since the developer made the decision to make the game free-to-play.
Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) has announced that the amount of people playing the massive multiplayer online game has increased by more than a million in a week.
"DC Universe Online's transition to free-to-play has been welcomed by the community and gamers with heroic enthusiasm," said Lorin Jameson, executive director of development at SOE Austin.
He explained that the rise was evenly split between the PlayStation 3 and the PC platforms of the game.
Despite the title being free-to-play, gamers can choose to pay subscriptions for added extras within the game and Mr Jameson told players that the company had many innovations to add to it in the future.
DC Universe Online sees players choose their own superpowers and decide whether they will fight for good or evil in the comic world.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19