3 weeks at the top for Modern Warfare 329 November 2011 07:57:37
Assassins Creed: Revelations has failed to knock Modern Warfare 3 from the top of the UK Interactive Entertainment all formats charts.
The first-person shooter juggernaut has outperformed its predecessor Black Ops by spending three weeks at the summit of the list. Despite a 41 per cent fall in sales compared to last week's figures, Activision's flagship title still fared better than the fourth release in Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed series, which experienced its own 61 per cent sales decline.
Xbox 360 exclusive Skyrim, last week's number three, fell one place to four - swapping positions with THQ's Saints Row: The Third.
After experiencing an unprecedented few weeks of high profile and record-breaking launches, the charts were slightly more sedate as WWE '12 was the highest new entry for the week ending November 26th, debuting at number six.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 broke entertainment industry-wide, five day sales figures by grossing $775 million (£498 million) across the globe in its launch week, according to its publisher.
- FIFA 12 finishes year in top place - 3 January 2012 16:52:53
- Nintendo announces downloadable titles - 3 January 2012 14:17:24
- Fifa returns to the top - 28 December 2011 13:04:01
- iOS apps now available to SD card users - 23 December 2011 14:39:20
- New Gears of War content announced - 22 December 2011 09:45:02