Wii 2 to come with SD card slot to boost memory? 4 May 2011 15:31:51
The next generation of Nintendo’s Wii console could come with an SD card slot, rumours suggest.
According to Kotaku.com, the console, code named Project Cafe, will feature a relatively small amount of internal storage.
Indeed, it claims that the Wii 2 will come with a hard drive with just 8GB of memory, far smaller than that of rival consoles the Microsoft Xbox 360 and Sony PS3.
However, the website says that Nintendo will supplement this by offering consumers the ability to use memory cards with the console through an SD card slot.
Meanwhile, it is also rumoured that Project Cafe will include high definition graphics as used on both the PS3 and Xbox 360.
In addition, Nintendo's disc format for the new console will hold 25GB of data, comparable to the capacity of single-layer Blu-Ray discs on the PlayStation 3.
Nintendo is expected to officially reveal the new console at E3 in June.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43