Sony unveils fastest-ever Memory Stick19 May 2011 17:29:31
A new addition to Sony's Memory Stick range of memory cards is the company's fastest-ever.
The latest top of the range Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX is capable of data transfer speeds of up to 50MB/s - 1.6 times faster than its predecessor while retailing at the same price.
Sony's Memory Stick format is the company's alternative to SD memory cards and Sony claims the latest model is quicker than top-rated UHS-I SD cards currently on the market.
"This phenomenal performance makes new Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo HX an ideal shooting, storage and data transfer solution for demanding digital imaging users," the tech giant said.
According to Sony, the new Memory Stick is optimised for sustained burst shooting with the latest high-resolution DSLR, SLT and interchangeable lens cameras.
The memory card will be available in capacities of 8GB, 1GB and 32GB and is covered by a ten-year warranty.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43