Sony NGP to rely on memory cards for storage?27 May 2011 17:50:04
The new portable gaming console from Sony, the NGP, could rely on memory cards for data storage, it has emerged.
According to the Metro, French website 01net has reported that Sony has downgraded the NGP's specs in order to offer it at a more competitive price.
Although no detailed specs have so far been unveiled by Sony, it had been widely thought that it would come with 512MB of onboard RAM.
However, the website claims that this has now been halved to 256MB RAM, while the cheaper non-3G model will not feature any internal flash memory - relying solely on memory cards.
It is thought these changes have been made to bring the NGP's price closer to that of Nintendo's rival 3DS console - which is currently selling for less than £200 in the UK.
Sony unveiled the NGP back in January with plans to release the console in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43