Samsung Galaxy S II criticised for placement of memory card slot16 May 2011 17:34:46
The placement of the MicroSD memory card slot is one of the few negatives of the new Samsung Galaxy II smartphone.
That is according to Sandra Vogel, reviwer for ZDNet.co.uk, who was otherwise full of praise for the device.
She said that the slot for the MicroSD card is underneath the battery, meaning the users has to turn the phone off to switch memory cards.
However, the phone is generally very impressive, she says, awarding it a score of 8.5 out of ten.
"The Samsung Galaxy S II is the most advanced smartphone we've seen to date. The large super-amoled plus screen and lightweight build are impressive, and there are some software highlights - notably the ability to create and edit office documents and Kies Air Wi-Fi synchronisation," she said.
Meanwhile, Samsung has confirmed it plans to release a version of the Galaxy S II featuring near field communication technology later this year.
- World's highest capacity micro SD card - 27 May 2011 12:16:37
- Nokia unveils new low-cost phone - 27 May 2011 12:11:52
- Eco-conscious memory card users to buy Nokia products? - 27 May 2011 12:07:40
- New HTC smartphone specs leaked - 25 May 2011 16:52:23
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini 'could be a corker' - 25 May 2011 16:31:10