Nokia launches gold-plated luxury phone27 May 2011 12:14:53
A new luxury mobile phone has been unveiled by Nokia.
Called the Oro, it is constructed out of premium materials, featuring an 18-carat gold-plated exterior, leather cover and sapphire crystal menu key.
The Nokia Oro sales package also features an 18-carat gold edition of the Nokia J Bluetooth headset.
Elsewhere, the Oro comes with a range of standard smartphone functions, including 8GB of internal storage expandable by 32GB through the use of a micro SD card.
This will help users to store files taken with the Oro's HD video capture function and eight-megapixel camera.
It also features a web TV service, which can be viewed on the Oro's 3.5-inch HD amoled touchscreen.
The phone will be released in the third quarter of the year and is expected to retail for around £750.
This week, Nokia also revealed the new X1-01 budget mobile phone, which will cost around £30.
- Mobile devices 'may become common in universities' - 4 January 2012 10:07:47
- Gadgets will try to offer a 'perfect user experience' - 4 January 2012 09:23:31
- Samsung announces new phone - 3 January 2012 14:48:26
- Realscorz release hockey app - 30 December 2011 10:40:32
- 3.7m Android phones activated over Christmas - 29 December 2011 11:27:51