Lexar unveils ultra-fast memory card reader24 May 2011 17:31:28
A new ultra-fast USB memory card reader has been unveiled by Lexar.
Called the Professional USB 3.0 Dual-Slot Reader, the device makes use of the new USB 3.0 interface to dramatically increase the transfer time between memory cards and host devices.
It supports the latest CompactFlash UDMA, SDXC and SD UHS-I memory cards.
The device is also backwards compatible with standard CF, SD, and SDHC memory cards and USB 2.0 host devices.
"USB is the most popular connectivity option for PCs, and it's critical that professional photographers and videographers have convenient and versatile tools to maximize their workflow and fully leverage the performance of their high-speed memory cards," said Manisha Sharma, director of product marketing for cards at Lexar.
"The speed offered by the reader enables users to move large volumes of high-resolution images and HD video faster than ever, allowing them to spend less time at the PC and more time on other activities."
In March, Lexar began shipping the world's first commercially available 128GB SDXC card.
- Lexar Professional memory card among award scheme prizes - 21 June 2011 13:50:58
- Lexar first to 128GB SDXC card - 17 March 2011 15:31:01
- Lexar unveils MicroSD card - 7 January 2011 15:25:39
- Lexar unveils 128GB SDXC card - 4 January 2011 15:27:30
- Lexar Media launches multi-card USB reader - 28 June 2010 15:42:58