Corsair begins shipping new USB memory stick24 May 2011 17:40:07
The latest USB memory stick from manufacturer Corsair has now begun shipping.
Called the USB 3.0 Flash Voyager, it had originally been scheduled for an April release.
Using its USB 3.0 interface, the device is capable of transfer speeds four times faster than equivalent USB 2.0 devices.
The new drive also make use of a rubber casing providing shock protection and and water resistance and is backwards compatible with USB 2.0 interfaces.
"The boost in read speed provided by the Flash Voyager USB 3.0 family makes accessing video, images and other large files significantly faster," said Thi La, vice president of memory products at Corsair.
"The shipment of more and more USB 3.0-enabled systems makes it clear that the market is rapidly adopting the new standard. The latest Flash Voyager models are ideal for getting the most performance from the latest PC gear."
The Flash Voyager 3.0 line-up includes 8GB, 16GB and 32GB units.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43