Blackberry Playbook release date announced19 May 2011 17:30:48
A UK release date for Research in Motion's (RIM) Blackberry Playbook tablet has been announced.
Seen as a possible rival to Apple's dominant iPad tablets, the device is due hit UK retailers on June 16th and is available now to pre-order.
The Playbook comes with three different onboard storage options of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB.
However, unlike the iPad it comes with a MicroSD card slot, meaning the storage can be extended with memory cards.
RIM has also unveiled pricing for the device, which will go on sale at £399 for the 16GB version, £479 for the 32GB model and £559 for the 64GB, making it broadly the same as the iPad.
Other specifications include a seven-inch touch-screen, a 1GHz dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM is also the industry standard .
It also comes with a five-megapixel rear camera as well as a front-facing three-megapixel lens. abd supports both Wi-Fi and 3G.
- World's highest capacity micro SD card - 27 May 2011 12:16:37
- Nokia unveils new low-cost phone - 27 May 2011 12:11:52
- Eco-conscious memory card users to buy Nokia products? - 27 May 2011 12:07:40
- New HTC smartphone specs leaked - 25 May 2011 16:52:23
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini 'could be a corker' - 25 May 2011 16:31:10