Transcend launches new MicroSDHC memory cards31 March 2011 18:08:23
A new set of MicroSDHC memory cards has been unveiled by manufacturer Transcend.
The memory cards come with the maximum Class 10 speed rating and have a maximum transfer rate of 20 MB/s with devices supporting SD 3.0, helping support consecutive shooting and smooth HD video recording.
Designed specifically for the latest high-end mobile devices such as smartphones, digital cameras and tablet PCs, the cards come in capacities of up to 16GB in order to store a wide range of media content.
The 16GB MicroSDHC card can store up to 6,552 pictures based on five megapixel JPEG compression format, over 88 hours of standard quality video, or 240 minutes of HD video, says Transcend.
Furthermore, the memory cards come with an SDHC adapter, meaning they can be used with SDHC capable devices, such as digital cameras that have an SDHC slot.
The news follows a recent announcement by Kingston that it is extending its MicroSDHC range to include 16GB and 32GB options.
- World's highest capacity micro SD card - 27 May 2011 12:16:37
- Nokia unveils new low-cost phone - 27 May 2011 12:11:52
- Eco-conscious memory card users to buy Nokia products? - 27 May 2011 12:07:40
- New HTC smartphone specs leaked - 25 May 2011 16:52:23
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini 'could be a corker' - 25 May 2011 16:31:10