Saints Row: The Third announced 4 March 2011 15:28:37
A third instalment of THQ's critically-acclaimed Saints Row franchise has been announced.
Saints Row: The Third will be released this autumn on the PS3, PC and Xbox 360, publisher THQ officially confirmed following weeks of speculation and rumour.
Developed by Volition, the game has been likened to the massively successful Grand Theft Auto series.
In this third release, the Third Street Saints have risen to become a household brand name following the earlier success.
This attracts the attention of The Syndicate - a legendary criminal fraternity.
"Saints Row: The Third puts you on top of the world, right at the beginning of the game, with all the perks that go along with being the head of an elite criminal organisation," said Danny Bilson, THQ executive vice president.
"There's no delivering pizza, no shuttling family members about in a long series of taxi missions. Instead, you take all the power of the Third Street Saints and you take the world by storm."
More details of the game are to be revealed later this month, said THQ.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19