Patriot announces new high-speed memory cards31 March 2011 08:08:50
A new series of high-speed memory cards is being launched by Patriot.
The manufacturer has unveiled the professional-grade LX PRO Series SDHC cards, which are aimed at photographers and videographers.
Patriot says the cards will be classified under the top Class 10 speed rating.
However, it explains that the memory cards will actually deliver transfer speeds of 20MB/s - twice that of most Class 10 SD cards.
"The latest generation of professional-grade digital cameras and camcorders push quality to unprecedented levels of detail and video bitrates," said Les Henry, Patriot Memory's vice president of engineering.
"With the new Patriot LX PRO Series SDHC cards, photographers and videographers can capture images in continuous shot mode or shoot films at maximum video bitrates without worrying about memory card write errors due to insufficient performance
The LX PRO Series will be available in capacities of both 16GB and 32GB and Patriot expects to begin shipping next month.
It follows a recent announcement from rival Lexar that it has become the first memory card producer to ship a 128GB SD card.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43