PS3 game Motorstorm: Apocalypse gets new release date24 March 2011 15:36:16
A new release date has been confirmed for PS3 game Motorstrom: Apocalypse.
The game had been due to be released in the UK on March 15th, but was postponed due to the earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan on March 11th.
But MCVUK.com reports that Sony has now announced a revised release date of March 31st for the game.
The game is set in an earthquake-ravaged fictional US city that crumbles around the player as they race and game bosses thought this setting would be insensitive to events in Japan if the game been released as originally planned.
A Sony Computer Entertainment Europe spokesperson told the news provider at the time: "We are very conscious of the parallels between these events and the underlying theme in Motorstorm and are doing everything we can to be as sensitive as possible to the situation.
"Although the game itself is already in distribution, we are ceasing any further shipments and removing as much of the marketing materials as possible."
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19