Online hits to get full Xbox 360 release15 March 2011 15:01:32
Three of the most popular downloadable games from Xbox Live Arcade are to be given a full retail release, it has been revealed.
Playdead's puzzle-platformer Limbo, Twisted Pixels' platform game Splosion Man and RedLynx's motorcycle-based challenge Trials HD will all be released as a single-disc package later this year.
The news broke after the release was spotted online and then later confirmed by Microsoft, reports Gamasutra.com.
It will be available form April 19th and will also include 160 Microsoft points and a 48-hour trial membership for Xbox Live Gold.
The release follows Microsoft's retail edition of six XBLA titles, including Geometry Wars and Bejeweled 2, launched in 2006 under the title Xbox Live Arcade Unplugged Vol 1.
In other Xbox 360 news, today (March 15th) sees the release for download of several new tracks for the console's Dance Central game.
It includes songs from Gwen Stefani, Fatboy Slim, Keri Hilson and Paula Abdul.
- Awesomenauts delayed for Xbox 360 and PS3 - 7 November 2011 13:39:35
- Extreme action comes to Kinect and Move - 31 October 2011 11:58:42
- Kinect Sports: Season Two is on sale - 31 October 2011 10:53:26
- Silverlight support coming to the Xbox 360? - 8 April 2011 17:02:51
- Kinect 'fastest-selling electronics device in history' - 10 March 2011 17:08:36