November 11th release for NGP?14 March 2011 15:33:28
The new handheld console recently announced by Sony will be released in Europe this November, it has been claimed.
The Next Generation Portable (NGP) will, contrary to expectations, be released in Western markets before or around the same time as in Japan, reports MCV.uk.
Sources have told the news provider that development deadlines have been set by Sony to ensure key Western releases are finished before the end of the summer, for deployment in the autumn.
Online leaks even give a specific date for its European release, suggesting the NGP will be launched on November 11th.
It follows recent comments from Sony Computer Entertainment America boss Jack Tretton, who said it would be difficult to roll out the NGP in multiple territories simultaneously and that Sony was targeting going to market in at least one location before the 2011 holiday period.
Most had assumed the location for first release would be Japan, but it now appears that it could in fact be Europe.
The NGP will feature a five-inch touch screen as well as a touch-sensitive back panel and a powerful quad-core processor.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19