New Resident Evil game announced28 March 2011 15:22:33
A new Resident Evil game is to be released on the PS3 and Xbox 360, it has been announced.
Called Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, it will be released this winter, reports stickskills.com.
The news provider says full details will be announced in the next edition of Official Xbox Magazine to be published in May, but it can reveal some information about the game.
According to stickskills, it will be set in 1998 during the original outbreak of the zombie that underscored Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.
Gamers can opt to play as one of three groups caught up in the disaster in Raccoon City.
This includes the official Umbrella Security Services (USS) squad, who have been enlisted to erase all evidence of the ongoing outbreak, including killing any human survivors.
The other two factions are a US Special Ops team who are there to stop the USS, and the bio-organic weapon monsters (BOWs) created by Umbrella.
This latest news follows the recent announcement that Capcom will re-release both Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil: Code Veronica in HD via the PlayStation network and Xbox Live.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19