New CF memory card reader for iPad unveiled29 March 2011 15:30:17
A new iPad accessory has been launched that allows the device to work with Compact Flash (CF) memory cards.
The unnamed device, discovered by technology blog MIC Gadget, works with both the iPad and recently unveiled iPad 2 and is billed as being ideal for professional photographers and film makers.
According to MIC Gadget, while the Apple Camera Connection Kit provides USB and SD card compatibility, many higher-end DSLR cameras are more likely to use CF memory cards.
Until now, it would have been impossible for those using CF cards to work with an iPad.
"With the CF card reader for iPad, you can preview your high res photos on iPad’s large screen, or back up photos while in the field," said the news provider.
"The iPad can serve as a beautiful backup device. When you take a break from shooting, just transfer the images from your memory card to the iPad. Now your photos live in two places."
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43