Mortal Kombat to come with 'online pass'?31 March 2011 08:13:59
The upcoming PS3 and Xbox 360 game Mortal Kombat will include an 'online pass' token to prevent people profiting from resales of the game, it has been claimed.
According to an email intended for retailers obtained from a source by Joystiq.com, the game will come with a one-time-use registration code that must be redeemed before players can use the online version of the game.
If players require a replacement code, they will have to pay $9.99 (£6.20) if they are using the game on the PS3, or 800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360 gamers.
"Mortal Kombat, available on April 19th [April 21st in the UK] for the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, includes a one-time-use registration code that gives players access to all online modes in the game," the email said.
"Players who do not have a code will get a free two-day trial of the online play and then be able to purchase the online modes for 800 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace and $9.99 on the PlayStation Network"
Earlier this month, a trailer of the PS3 version of Mortal Kombat featuring God of War character Kratos was unveiled.
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19