F.E.A.R. 3 release date announced24 March 2011 15:33:26
Upcoming PS3, Xbox 360 and PC game F.E.A.R. 3 has been given a UK release date.
Publisher Warner Bros has announced that the first-person shooter will be available from May 27th this year.
The paranormal horror franchise will for the first time introduce a co-op multilayer mode with F.E.A.R. 3.
It sees protagonist Alma return but this time her sons Point Man and Paxton Fettel can be used in co-op mode, giving players distinctly different abilities affecting their own play as well as the experience of their co-op partner.
Gamers participate in single player or co-op modes as Point Man, a genetically enhanced super soldier originally introduced in F.E.A.R.
In a departure from prior games in the franchise, it is being developed by Day 1 Studios rather than Monolith Productions.
Commenting on the game recently, Martin Tremblay, president of Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment, said: "Monolith Productions has passed the torch to Day 1 Studios to create a quality, powerful game that stays true to the roots of the F.E.A.R. franchise but takes players to a heightened level of gameplay."
- Myst to return on 3DS - 23 December 2011 14:01:54
- Winter Sports 2012 available on Wii, 3DS and PC - 14 December 2011 13:31:09
- Skyrim 'is most popular game of 2011' - 9 December 2011 09:50:12
- Super Pokemon Rumble is now available - 2 December 2011 15:01:16
- Nintendo gives new firmware date - 30 November 2011 14:11:19