Smartphone competitors 'raising the technological stakes'23 June 2011 13:41:00
By competing with one another, firms operating in the global smartphone sector are helping to up the technological stakes, according to an industry expert, which may interest SD card users.
Conrad Longmore, editor of Mobile Gazette, noted that the opportunity to become the smartphone market leader is spurring a number of organisations on at present.
He said: "Apple is the one to beat, but competitors such as HTC, LG and Samsung regularly raise the stakes.
"What may look like the pinnacle of technology today will probably end up in the bargain bin in 12 months' time."
It is now proving a compelling concept for many people to own a smartphone, Mr Longmore added.
Smartphones could play a key role in the flexible working plans of some companies in the UK, it was also recently flagged up by Heather McLean, editor of Smart Gorillas, with these devices no longer merely the preserve of individual consumers.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43