SD memory card offered alongside Visioneer scanner 9 June 2011 15:36:01
An SD memory card is one feature of a mobile scanner being offered by Visioneer, the organisation has highlighted.
According to the firm, the Visioneer Mobility cordless model provides users with a 2 GB card, alongside items such as a rechargeable battery.
The product, which has measurements of 2 x 2.75 x 11.5 in, is capable of scanning directly to a smartphone or SD memory card.
It does not need to make use of things like cables or computers, the company pointed out.
Visioneer's vice-president of distribution sales, Jim Tamo, suggested that the scanning market appears to be entering a new phase of development.
He stated: "By scanning to smartphones and tablets, we are entering into a new era of scanning solutions to meet the overwhelming reality that mobile professionals no longer require a PC to be productive."
Among the other products which Visioneer currently offers to businesses, in addition to the Mobility, are the Strobe 400 model and the NetScan 4000.
- Mobile devices 'may become common in universities' - 4 January 2012 10:07:47
- Gadgets will try to offer a 'perfect user experience' - 4 January 2012 09:23:31
- Samsung announces new phone - 3 January 2012 14:48:26
- Realscorz release hockey app - 30 December 2011 10:40:32
- 3.7m Android phones activated over Christmas - 29 December 2011 11:27:51