Many smartphone users 'unaware of security software'15 June 2011 13:55:13
Many of the country's smartphone users are not aware of the security software options that may be available to them, new figures have suggested, in a development which might interest those utilising memory cards.
BullGuard research has shown that as many as 53 per cent of the smartphone users queried in its poll do not presently know about security software.
As many as 42 per cent of respondents also reported that they have not even considered the issue of smartphone security.
The company's mobile security expert Claus Villumsen commented that the findings of the BullGuard research are perhaps unsurprising in a way.
However, he stated: "Mobile users need to be educated about the increasing potential risk involved in using a smartphone to access the internet, send emails and perform financial transactions."
This year could see 472 million smartphones shipped on a global basis, it was recently predicted by the International Data Corporation.
- Mobile devices 'may become common in universities' - 4 January 2012 10:07:47
- Gadgets will try to offer a 'perfect user experience' - 4 January 2012 09:23:31
- Samsung announces new phone - 3 January 2012 14:48:26
- Realscorz release hockey app - 30 December 2011 10:40:32
- 3.7m Android phones activated over Christmas - 29 December 2011 11:27:51