Enterprise smartphone app use 'due to rise further'24 June 2011 14:01:11
Large growth is likely to be seen in the use of enterprise business-to-employee and business-to-customer apps which are used on devices like smartphones and tablets, new research suggests, which may interest the likes of memory cards users who regularly utilise handsets.
By the year 2016, ABI Research believes that as many as 830 million active users may be accessing such applications.
A CAGR approaching 90 per cent could also be witnessed in the next few years in relation to the use of these apps, the firm added.
Discussing his organisation's latest findings, ABI Research enterprise practice director Dan Shey commented: "Mobile suppliers are providing the critical enablers boosting app adoption."
Speaking in relation to current trends which are being seen among UK consumers, Conrad Longmore, editor of Mobile Gazette, recently suggested it is becoming quite a compelling option for some people to invest in smartphone devices.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43