Will the Nokia N9 be given a UK release?25 July 2011 15:23:58
A campaign to bring the Nokia N9 smartphone to the UK has been launched by Cnet.co.uk.
Rich Trenholm, writing for the technology website, reported that TexhoDom, a website based in Kazakhstan, is claiming it will make the handset available to consumers for a price of around £420 from August 19th.
However, Nokia has yet to confirm if the device will be released in the UK, prompting Cnet.co.uk to call on readers to "do something about it" by telling the manufacturer that people want the N9 released on these shores.
"Either the N9 will land in Eastern Europe in just under a month, or folks at TexhoDom have figured out that inventing a spurious price and release date for a hot phone will get you in the news," the writer suggested.
This follows the recent news that sales of Nokia phones in quarter two of this year fell from the level of 108.5 million seen in the first quarter to 88.5 million devices.
- Mobile devices 'may become common in universities' - 4 January 2012 10:07:47
- Gadgets will try to offer a 'perfect user experience' - 4 January 2012 09:23:31
- Samsung announces new phone - 3 January 2012 14:48:26
- Realscorz release hockey app - 30 December 2011 10:40:32
- 3.7m Android phones activated over Christmas - 29 December 2011 11:27:51