Sony DSC-TX55 'is a super slim option'26 July 2011 15:22:28
Sony has unveiled details about its new DSC-TX55 digital compact camera, which offers photographers 16.2 megapixels and is just 12.2 mm thick.
Due to its size users might find the device, which according to electronics giant will be available from the end of September, is an attractive proposition to slip their memory cards into while they are on the move.
This is something that Luke Westaway, writing for Cnet.co.uk, agrees with as he noted it is "easily slim enough to fit into your pocket or handbag".
He added that once the camera's picture quality is known it will be easier to pass judgement on it, but noted that "the list of features jammed inside this compact snapper is not to be sniffed at".
Alternatively, those who would prefer to get their hands on a product a little sooner could grab Sony's DSC-T110 model, which has a 7.5 cm LCD touchscreen and approximately 16.1 effective megapixels.
- Transcend announces 'CDROM SD card' - 3 January 2012 12:03:23
- Mo-DV backs SD announcement - 21 December 2011 17:07:01
- Verbatim releases SD reader - 21 December 2011 17:05:17
- iPhone favourite comes to Android - 21 December 2011 09:58:49
- Electronics firms announce new SD partnership - 20 December 2011 14:20:43