New iPhone 'will be most sought after device'19 July 2011 15:33:54
A huge number of new mobile phone releases are lined up in the near future, which could see demand for memory cards increase, but which ones are likely to be worth a closer look?
Know Your Mobile features editor Richard Goodwin suggested that several handsets are due to be unveiled soon that will particularly grab the attention of the public.
"The ones I think will have the most effect on the market are the Nokia Windows phone 7 and the iPhone 5," he said, adding that demand remains high for the Apple handset despite it currently being unclear what sort of device it will be.
Mr Goodwin suggested Nokia is also likely to put out a Windows Phone before the end of the year, although this has yet to be confirmed.
These releases may only add to a growing trend for mobiles to be increasingly treated like PCs, which Rob Thurner, IDM mobile consultant and digital trainer, recently noted has increased since the iPhone's emergence.
- Apple iPhone 5 could excite technology fans - 13 September 2011 15:37:22
- Apple iPhone 'popularity increasing' - 7 September 2011 15:48:46
- Apple iPhone 5 'not guaranteed to see off Android challenge' - 7 September 2011 15:25:17
- iPhone 5 may feature voice-navigation - 25 July 2011 15:29:37
- Can Nokia compete with Android and iPhone? - 21 July 2011 15:32:10