Micro SD card could boost flash memory 4 July 2011 15:22:54
A micro SD Card could be used to boost the flash memory on offer to users of the Vizio Tablet, which is one of the companies hoping to challenge Apple.
Its eight-inch 2.3 model offers two gigabytes of usable RAM, but Jonathan Takiff, writing for Philadelphia Daily News, notes this can be increased to as much as 32 GB with the use of its memory slot.
Ken Lowe, Vizio co-founder, noted that opting for a lesser known brand could hold advantages for the consumer as they will be able to buy additional memory "for much less" than the same upgrade would cost for users of Apple devices.
Owners of 4G smartphone products may also find Micro SD cards are worth a closer look as Samsung Electronics recently launched new 32GB cards that it claims offer the user advanced data transfer speeds and features such as 3-bit NAND flash memory chips.
- Mobile devices 'may become common in universities' - 4 January 2012 10:07:47
- Gadgets will try to offer a 'perfect user experience' - 4 January 2012 09:23:31
- Samsung announces new phone - 3 January 2012 14:48:26
- Realscorz release hockey app - 30 December 2011 10:40:32
- 3.7m Android phones activated over Christmas - 29 December 2011 11:27:51